Thursday, October 9, 2008

Frolicking, Banana Cookie Dough and Debriefing

                               
I hope you have a friend like this. All day long I get caught up in my thoughts, thousands of times a day i find myself pondering important things (today: the connection between our bodies and are spirits) and not-so-important things (yesterday: pudding voice (next time you take a big old mouthful, try talking and you'll see what i mean)). At the end of the day all those important and not-so-important things are jumbled up in my brain, accompanied by to do lists and thoughts of basic self preservation and survival (you know, sleep?), they just kinda bounce around and unless i get them out or solidify them in some manner, they're lost. What's the purpose of thoughts if they're wasted? We would never progress and personal creativity would be tossed out the window. So what do i do with said thoughts? i debrief them, cover them in banana cookie dough and frolic around outside with them and sometimes i even add a game of four square. There's something about that ritual that makes it possible for me to make sense of my days. You know what it is? it's my friend Katie. I throw my thoughts out to her like verbal vomit (excuse the mental image i just chucked at you) with maybe a small disclaimer "just hear me out, as soon as i spill, i'll fix it" and then there it comes, pouring out like a deluge of rain all over the place. Sometimes this process takes some clean up work, some revamping of thoughts or complete retraction but most often it provides a chance for me to solidify my thoughts to make them into something real, tangible and worthwhile instead of fleeting and vague. You know what else? My joys are multiplied and my sorrows divided. So, i hope you have a friend like Katie so that at the end of your day you can toss those thoughts around and make something of them. 

No comments:

 

Katelyn Writes | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates